Welcome to Frequently Asked Questions! Find answers to (almost) all your questions here.
- Is it legal to move out during quarantine ?
- Can I vacate my apartment and break my leasing contract during quarantine?
- How to carry out the exit property survey during quarantine?
- How to book during quarantine?
- Is the rent payment is suspended during quarantine?
- I would like to apply for an accommodation, but I fear that quarantine will be maintained until the start of the next school year. How should I do?
- I keep my accommodation in the residence, but I would like to switch apartment. How should I do?
- I have to vacate my accommodation because the notice period is over, but I would like to stay until the end of quarantine. What should I do?
- The one-month notice period is over and I’m forced to stay in my apartment. Do I have to still pay the rent?
- I am currently renting an apartment in the residence, but my school is closed until 2020 September. What should I do?
- Once the termination letter sent, how long do I have to pay?
- Security deposite has not been refunded within the time allowed. What should I do?
- I will face a declining income and difficulties to pay the rent. What can I do?
- The notice period is over, and I no longer am at the residence. How should I do to vacate the accommodation?
- Can I have renting discount because of quarantine?
- Why parcel management is no longer handle by Student Factory?
- Why do I have no longer access to the coworking space?
- Can I have guests during quarantine?
- Can I visit the residence in order to book an apartment?
- If I am confined in a place which is not my main home, is it legal to go back home?
- How long does it take to get my security deposit back?
- Can Student Factory provide me a « moving-out certification »?
• Make sure there is no specific local restriction
• Contact the police services to make them know about your move
• Respect all the heatlh and hygiene measures
• Write a sworn statement, explaining your case and mentioning the date, the leaving address and the arrival address.
For everybody safety, please note that helping people or moving company are not allowed during the quarantine.
Good to know : You can send letter with acknowledgement of receipt online from the post office website : laposte.fr
You can also contact the Manager of your residence.
Please, contact the residence Manager and choose the exit property survey remotely.
Student Factory offers to move out during the 2 days following the end of the quarantine, without any additional cost. If you do not or cannot respect this period, you will have to pay the rent for each day of extra occupancy of the accommodation (from the ending date of the notice period).
Good to know: charges and electricity costs are spread over the year.
- How do I book an apartment?
- What are the steps involved in making an online booking?
- Fill in the booking request form by providing preliminary information about you and your stay.
- Submit the form and send your request.
- The Student Factory team will get back to you very shortly to follow up on your request and complete your application.
- When should I book my apartment?
- What are the documents to provide with my application?
- In case of a cancellation, are the administration fees refunded?
- Is it mandatory to have a guarantor?
- Is it possible to book a short-term stay?
- Can I have several guarantors?
- Can I contact an advisor?
- Can I book an apartment for a couple?
- What is a guarantor?
- What is the joint and several guarantee (caution solidaire)?
- When will I receive confirmation of my booking?
- What should I do in case of a last-minute cancellation?
- What should I do if I’m missing a supporting document?
- How quickly will I find out the outcome of my application?
- What is the duration of a tenancy agreement for student accommodation?
- What are the charges included in the rent?
- What are the conditions for admission?
You can book an apartment:
• on the website : www.student-factory.com (and if you’re reading this, you’re in the right place)
• by phone : +33 (0)1 71 25 08 20 (price of a local call if calling from France). You can also request a call back from our team.
• on site : at one of our stunning residences!
With Student Factory, it’s very easy. After choosing your city, residence, and type of apartment, click on “Book” and follow these steps:
If you are a foreign student: Valid visa or residence permit
If you are a student and employed: Employment contract + last 3 payslips
• Last tax assessment
• Recent letter from employer
• Last 3 payslips
• By email: email@example.com
• By phone: +33 (0)1 71 25 08 20
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• By phone: +33 (0)1 71 25 08 20
For 12-month student accommodation: the rent with charges includes water, Wi-Fi internet, access to communal areas and services available at the residence, and household refuse tax.
For short-term stays : all the charges are included in the price shown.
- What does the security deposit cover? How much is it?
- What do the administration fees cover?
- How are my water and electricity accounts managed?
- Do I have to take out home insurance?
- Do I have to pay residence tax?
- Do I have to pay household refuse tax?
- Can I use the security deposit to pay for the last month’s rent?
- When do I have to pay the first monthly payment?
- Quand dois-je régler mon loyer ?
- What do I have to pay during the school year?
- What is the amount of my monthly bill?
- How much do I have to pay at the time of booking?
- What are the charges included?
- What are the charges not included?
- What are the conditions for returning the security deposit?
• Administration fees to confirm the pre-booking
• The first month’s rent within 8 days of signing the lease
• The security deposit when you arrive
- Can I choose my apartment?
- Is it possible to terminate the lease? What is the notice period?
- Can I request a different apartment if I’m not happy with mine?
- Can I take a virtual tour?
- Can I visit the residence before I decide?
- Can I vacate the apartment before the end of the notice period?
- Can I vacate my apartment without an exit property survey being carried out?
- What is a property survey? When must it be carried out?
- What should I prepare before I arrive?
- What are the steps to follow before vacating my apartment?
- Is access to the residence secured?
- Can I smoke within the residence?
- Can I organise an event at the residence?
- What communal areas are there in the residence?
- What are the residence’s opening times?
- Who will I encounter at the residence?
- Are there activities organised within the residence?
- How do I get in if I lose my keys?
- Où puis-je garer ma bicyclette ?
- Where can I park my car?
- Can I leave my luggage at reception?
- Can I receive mail and have parcels delivered to the residence?
- Am I allowed to use the laundrette at night?
- Is someone always on site?
- Are there internal rules?
• Revision pods: to allow you to work in peace and quiet
• Cafeteria: to help you eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day
• Relaxation corner: because you need to know how to “switch off”
• Printing centre: for all your printing, binding, copying, gluing, etc. needs
• Foosball corner: The place for thrilling games!
• Laundrette: Explanation unnecessary :-)
- Who should I speak to in case of a problem?
- How does the internet work?
- How does the heating work?
- How do I report a maintenance problem?
- What type of internet connection does my apartment have?
- Are the apartments suitable for persons with reduced mobility?
- Are the bathrooms private?
- Can I personalise my apartment?
- Can I move the furniture around in my apartment?
- Can I host a friend or keep a pet?
- Can I invite friends to my apartment?
- What does the linen set include?
- What should I bring to move into my apartment?
- What type of bed does my apartment have?
- What is my apartment equipped with?
- Who cleans my apartment?
- Who pays for repairs in the event of deterioration?
- Who repairs breakdowns and malfunctions in my apartment?
Yes to both, however the latter will depend on the size of the animal. You may host a friend temporarily so long as you inform reception in advance about their stay. You may also keep a pet if this does not disturb life at the residence.
To all intents and purposes: Pets are not allowed in communal areas and must be kept on lea
shes during walks around the residence. Keeping dogs belonging to category 1 and 2 (so-called “dangerous dogs”) and breeding protected species are both prohibited on the grounds of the residence.
Your apartment is equipped with the following:
• Kitchen with fridge, hotplates, microwave, and
• Bathroom with shower, sink, toilet, and heated towel rail
• Desk + armchair
• Trundel bed+
• Dining table + chairs
• Wardrobe and storage
- How can I receive this rental assistance?
- How can I find out the amount of this assistance?
- I’m having trouble filling in my application, what should I do ?
- Can I receive assistance if I choose to live in a flatshare?
- What is rental assistance?
- When should I apply for rental assistance?
- When will I receive rental assistance?
- Who must declare their resources when applying for rental assistance?